Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Friday, February 25, 2011

Notable Notes and Relevant Quotes


Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good for us. --- Socrates

All you really need is the One who promised never to leave or forsake you --- the One who said: “Lo, I am with you always.” --- Joni Eareckson Tada

I claim the fulfillment of God’s promises, and rightly, but that is only the human side; the Divine side is that through the promises I recognize God’s claim on me. --- Oswald Chambers

Never spend your money before you have it. --- Thomas Jefferson

Forgiveness is the oil of relationships. --- Josh McDowell

Your home should reflect the personalities, passions, and priorities of those who live there. --- Terry Willits

Happy is the house that shelters a friend --- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do not worry; eat three meals a day; say your prayers; be courteous to you creditors; keep your digestion good; exercise; go slow and easy. Maybe there are other things your special case requires to make you happy; but, my friend, these I reckon will give you a good life. --- Abraham Lincoln

They do not love that do not show their love --- William Shakespeare

If we had no winter the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. --- Anne Bradstreet

We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts. --- A. W. Tozer

Sickness, thou may intrude; but I have a balsam ready --- God has chosen me. Whatever befall me in this vale of tears, I know that He has chosen me. --- Charles H. Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment