Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Poem by Grace E. Troy - Hedged In


Ps 55:17
17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.

Hedged by walls I cannot scale
I would not if I could.
For God Himself, has placed them there
And only wills me good.

Bound by strong cords I cannot break
A prisoner of the Lords---
But my dear Keeper is so kind
And love tied all the cords.

Yet though I cannot walk abroad
I still may travel far---
By way of God’s own Throne of Grace
To where the needy are.

Where millions wait in heathen lands
Bound by the chain of sin
Lost in the blackness of the night
Whom only Christ can win.

So, grant me grace and strength each day
To labor here in prayer---
That others there in distant lands
May God’s salvation share.

No comments:

Post a Comment