Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Poem by Eugene L. Clark - "Music is a Temple"

My music is a temple;
Within its walls I find
A place to meet with God Himself
And leave the world behind.

The structure of this temple
Instead of wood and stone,
Is made of melody and song,
Of timbre and of tone.

With instruments and voices,
With hymns and songs I raise
My inner soul to God in prayer,
In worship and in praise.

With joyful heart I enter
And join the happy throng
Who sing and praise and bless His Name
From hearts that burst with song.

When rest of soul I’m seeking,
In quiet song I find
The Prince of Peace will meet me there,
And grant me peace of mind.

When words of praise escape me,
I often find a hymn
Expressing all the things I feel
But cannot say to Him.

Sometimes when I am lonely,
New comfort I can take
From one who proved long before
That God does not forsake.

Disheartened by some trial,
New courage I can find
To hear the truth some singing saint
Hath left for all mankind.

An organ softly playing
Brings sweet communi9n here,
Like incense rising up to Him,
A heartfelt, a wordless prayer.

This temple built of mine,
By God Himself designed’
Has room for all to enter in
And leave the world behind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment