Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quote - Presidents of the USA


It will be the purpose of my Administration to require the honest and faithful service of all executive officers, remembering that the offices were created, nor for the benefit of incumbents or their supporters, but for the service of the Government.
James A. Garfield

I enter on the trust to which I have been called by the suffrages of my fellow-citizens with my fervent prayers to the Almighty that He will be graciously pleased to continue to us that protection which He has already so conspicuously displayed in our favor.
James Monroe

I only look to the gracious protection of the Divine Being who strengthening support I humbly solicit, and whom I fervently pray to look down.
Martin Van Buren

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world are so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
~  Ronald Reagan

It is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord.
Abraham Lincoln

I appear, my fellow citizens, in your presence and in that of Heaven to bind myself by the solemnities of religious obligation in the faithful performance of the duties allotted to me in the station to which I have been called.
~ John Quincy Adams

As Americans, we go forward, in the service of our country, by the will of God.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I ask the help of Almighty God in this service to my country to which you have called me.
Herbert Hoover

No comments:

Post a Comment