Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Poem by Ilah Jane Kilian - Winding Down the Corridor of Life

Sometimes the path winds straight and narrow,
Sometimes it bends and twists,
At times the thorns may prick us,
Our reaction may be to resist.

The Lord always has a reason,
His purpose is divine,
Whatever is the season,
It’s His will and not mine.

Our corners must be polished,
To let His love shine through.
Our attitudes and actions
Show just what we must do.

Life has been a blessing
My children a delight;
The Lord has blessed me greatly,
From early ‘morn ‘til night.

Life isn’t always easy,
The briars prick and hurt;
But Jesus goes before us
He is always on alert.

So as I journey onward
His purpose hid from view –
I’ll trust Him for the future,
I know His Word is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment