Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Poem by Dick Christen - LET US PRAY EVEN WHEN WE DON’T UNDERSTAND THE MYSTERIES OF PRAYER . . .


When my voice lifts heavenward
Echoing through lonely space,
I retrace the path my Lord
Used, saving me by His grace.

            You see, He is way out there,
            Infinite and transcendent,
            But reachable by my prayer . . .
            Because this is what grace meant.

                        When my whispers reach His ear,
                        Nestled in His loving care,
                        Warmly loved as His child dear . . .
                        Just a thought becomes a prayer.

                                    You see, He holds me right here,
                                    Intimate and most present,
                                    On his lap, a Father dear . . .
                                    Because this is what grace meant.

                                                When by faith I find Him there,
                                                Through Christ who to Calv”ry went,
                                                The nerve of His arm’s made bare,
                                                Granting blessings wisely sent.

                                                            You see, prayer reaches Him there,
                                                            Insistent and confident,
                                                            And He comes to me right here . . .
                                                            Because this is what grace meant.

                                                                                    Dick Christen

No comments:

Post a Comment