Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quotes from Dr. Henrietta C. Mears


Quotations from the Teacher

    Dr. Henrietta C. Mears, the Founder of Gospel Light Publications, had a personal file that covered over 30 years of teaching God’s Word. She was known affectionately as “Teacher” by those she personally taught and influenced. Some of her  thoughts, gathered here from her files, came from a mind thoroughly dedicated to Christ.  She said:

“If I had my life to live over again, I would just believe God.”

“Time cannot be saved, it can only be spent, and if not spent wisely and well, it is wasted.”

“Live the Gospel first! Tell about it afterward!”

“A man generally lives up to what is expected of him.”

“Not your responsibility, but your response to God’s ability counts.”

“Jesus lived that He might die, and died that we might live!”

“It is not what we think but what God says that is important!”

“How terrible it would be if God really gave us everything for which we asked.”

“Christ did not bear the cross --- He used it.”

“Some people grow under responsibility; others swell.”

“What you are is God’s gift to you. What you can become is your gift to Him.”

“If you haven’t learned to follow, you can’t lead.”

“Redemption was not an after-thought with God.” (Ephesians 1:4)”

“You teach a little bit by what you say. You teach most by what you are.”

“ The recognition of our duties is more important than the recognition of our rights.”

“A man who walks with God always gets to his destination.”

“I know not the way He leads me, but well do I know my Guide.”

            Thank You Teacher!

2 comments:

  1. I have her book "What The Bible Is All About" and I know she stated in the book "The New is in the Old concealed;
    The Old is in the New revealed;
    The New is in the Old contained;
    The old is in the New explained." But I am having a hard time finding exactly where THAT quote is. Im NOT referring to the quote from Augustine where she probably got hers from but the one SHE said. Can anyone help me? :) QuintinSmith6484@aol.com

    ReplyDelete