Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Story and Anecdotes - Washington's Prayer (Age 20)

            Almighty God, and most merciful father . . . . since thou art a God of pure eyes, and wilt be sanctified in all who draw near unto Thee, who dost not regard the sacrifice of fools, not hear sinners who tread in Thy courts pardon, I beseech Thee, my sins; remove them from Thy presence, as far as the east is from the west, and accept me for the merits of Thy Son, Jesus Christ; that when I come into Thy temple and compass Thine altar, my prayer may come before Thee as incense; and as Thou wouldst hear me calling upon Thee in my prayers and give reconciliation, and peace to the saving of my soul and the day of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Grant that I may hear it with reverence, receive it with meekness, mingle it with faith, and that it may accomplish in me, gracious God, the good work for which Thou hast sent it. Bless my family, kindred, friends, and country; be our God and Guide this day and forever, for His sake who lay down in the grace and rose again for us, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment