Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Poems by Sue - Shoes

When I’ve completed daily tasks
      An easy chair for me I ask;
A footstool for my feet
      No shoes now do I want on me
For shoes are made for walking.

At night when I am in repose
      I like to stretch and wiggle toes
No shoes for me when I’m in bed
      For shoes are made for walking.

But when I rise to greet the day,
      And clothe myself in work array
I reach for shoes to clad my feet
      For shoes are made for working.

God gives us spiritual shoes to wear
      Each day prepared to go
Clad in the armor of His Word
      Ready to fight the foe.

Let’s not forget our spiritual shoes
      But bind them tightly, knowing
That we have work to do for Him
And shoes are made for going.
                       
                        Sue Rothwell

No comments:

Post a Comment