Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Poem by Unknown — The Rain May Fall


“Though the rain may fall and the wind be blowing,
And cold and chill is the wintry blast;
Though the cloudy sky is still cloudier growing,
And the dead leaves tell that the summer has passed;
My face I hold to the stormy heaven,
My heart is as calm as the summer sea,
Glad to receive what my God has given,
Whate’er it be.
When I feel the cold, I can say, ‘He sends it,’
And His winds blow blessing, I surely know;
For I’ve never a want but that He attends it;
And my heart beats warm, though the winds may blow”

1 comment:

  1. Here is the rest!

    The soft sweet summer was warm and glowing;
    Bright were the blossoms on every bough;
    I trusted Him when the roses were blowing -
    I trust Him now.

    Small were my faith should it weakly falter,
    Now that the roses have ceased to grow;
    Frail were the trust that now should alter,Doubting his love when storm clouds blow.
    If I trust Him once, I must trust Him ever,
    And His way is best, though I stand or fall,
    Through wind and storm, He will leave me never,
    He sends it all.

    Why should my heart be faint and fearing?
    Mighty He rules above the storm;
    Even the wintry blast is cheering,
    Showing His power to keep me warm.
    Never a care on my heart is pressing,
    Never a fear can disturb my breast,
    Everything that He sends is a blessing,
    For He knows best.

    ReplyDelete