Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Quote by Anonymous — “And Underneath Are The Everlasting Arms.”


            When I hear these words spoken, I see a little boy ---- a tired little boy ---- sitting in a church and thinking: I’m so sleepy; but I must keep awake, father will be cross.” Then the lights in the aisle spout flame, the figures in the painted window dance, his head nods, and his eyes close. A minute later they open with a start to find his father’s eyes fixed upon ---- that stern father in whose strenuous life there was no place for a little boy. Even if I close my eyes for one minute father will be angry,” thought the little boy. The preacher droned one. The little boy’s chin sank upon his jacket. When he awoke, his father’s eyes angrily the little boy thought, were again fixed upon him. His father moved; the little boy trembled, and then wonder of wonders! He was lifted from his place; his father’s arms were underneath him, around him. That, without fear ---- indeed with exquisite joy and great confidence ---- the little boy fell asleep in those kind arms.  So, I believe, it will be with us who are older when our time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment