Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Quote - Helen Keller

It is very interesting to watch a plant grow; it is like taking part in creation. When all outside is cold and white, when the little children of the woodland are gone to their nurseries in the warm earth and the empty nests on the bare trees filled with snow, my window-garden glows and smiles, making summer within while it is winter without. It is wonderful to see flowers bloom in the midst of a snow-storm! I have felt a bud”shyly doff her green hood and blossom with a silken burst of sound,” while the icy fingers of the snow beat against the window panes. What mysterious force guided the seedling from the dark earth up to the light, through leaf and stem and bud, to glorious fulfillment in the perfect flower? Who could have dreamed that such beauty lurked in the dark earth, was latent in the tiny seed we planted? Beautiful flower, you have taught me to see a little way into the hidden heart of things. Now I understand that the darkness everywhere my hold possibilities better than even my hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment